Here at the Trout Underground, we know the quandry that occurs when you encounter another fly fisherman on the river. Do you nod and hurry by, or stop – and risk spending an uncomfortable hour in the presence of a babbling idiot/pathological liar/sociopath?
Ladies and gentlemen (and Undergrounders), we once again present the kind of hard-hitting, useful “how-to” content you simply won’t find anywhere else:
The Top Ten Warning Signs You Don’t Want to Get Stuck Fishing With That Guy You Just Met on the River
10. While talking, he re-ties his leader with tippet pulled from the spools on your vest
9. He’s in his 30s, yet says he grew up with Lefty Kreh
8. He’s constantly mumbling about flying saucers spooking his trout
7. Has fly line threaded through hook keeper, yet still swears he can “cast to the backing.”
6. First words out of his mouth are “What’s your favorite fly rod?”
5. Wearing his waders inside out
4. Second words out of his mouth are “What’s your favorite fly?”
3. Wearing “I <Heart> Donnie Beaver” button
2. Severed human head in the back pocket of his vest
1. Wraps fly line around your neck on backcast, doesn’t notice before forward cast
As always, the Undergrounders are welcome to add their $.02; together, we can make the world a better place.
See you on the river (though maybe not if I see you first), Tom Chandler
p.s. – Hungry for more “Top 10″ goodness? Read our “Top Ten Signs the Recession is Hitting Fly Fishing” – now more true than ever…